Positive affirmations are positive phrases that you repeat to your-self & are used to counter the negative thoughts that come in our mind. These phrases or statements are simple messages when repeated over-and-over and they begin to worm their way into your mind – slowly changing both your thinking and your reality. Pоѕіtіvе affirmations are the communication between the соnѕсіоuѕ thought part of the mind, and the subconscious action part of the mind.Wе uѕе positive affirmations for success or negative affirmations еvеrу dау without even thinking about it.
Every time you use positive affirmations for success, it sends a positive message to your subconscious mind. A good set of positive affirmations for success can help invite wealth, good health and upgraded status in your life
The Science Behind Positive Affirmations:-
Scientific studies & experiments have been conducted to check whether the positive affirmations affect the brain and whether the effects are positive, which in turn resulted that they not only effective, but If used consistently, can help individuals maintain a positive self-view and that threats to perceived self-competence are met with resistance. When threatened, self-affirmations can restore self-competence by allowing individuals to reflect on sources of self-worth such as core values
There is MRI evidence suggesting that certain neural pathways are increased when people practice self-affirmation tasks.
“An affirmation can work because it has the ability to program your mind into believing the stated concept,” explains psychotherapist Dr. Ronald Alexander.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations:–
- Daily affirmations keep you in a constant state of gratitude.
- You notice more synchronicities in your life, which serves to encourage and motivate you to keep up the practice.
- Self-affirmations have been shown to decrease health-deteriorating stress.
- Positive affirmations can help with anxiety and depression.
- Affirmations empower you to create your own happy belief set.
- Affirmations give one power to heal from within.
- Positive affirmation helps boost self-esteem.
- Affirmations make you more aware of your thought processes.
- Daily affirmations help you vibrate in alignment abundance, rather than lack.
Best Time To Practise:-
Positive affirmations become much more effective depending on the time of day they are done and how they are practiced. The words of affirmation that you use, how you practice your affirmation exercises as well as if you are connecting with your emotional intelligence all play a role in how successful you are with your daily positive affirmations.
Usually affirmations work best when used with most focused intentions.
However, there is apparently a far greater benefit from using them in the morning. The main reason is that if you use your affirmations in the morning, you are effectively setting your day up by starting out in a positive frame of mind. Plus, saying powerful affirmations when you wake up can help you shake off any negativity from dreams or block your brain from filling up with any problems or difficulties you may be facing.
My best advice is to use positive affirmations constantly throughout the day comfortably otherwise it will be a like doing a chore. This way our subconscious mind is being continuously programmed to get our lives aligned with positivity.
Types Of Affirmations:-
- Money Affirmations
- Love Affirmations
- Healing Affirmations
- Prosperity & Success Affirmations
- Self-Love Affirmations(I am affirmations)
Books On Positive Affirmations:-
We can refer to very good books that are written after countless researches and studies. Reading also gives us a clear picture and helps us to decide better. A list of books are mentioned below for “Positive Affirmations”
1. Positive Affirmations By Rachel Robins
2. Power Thoughts By Louise Hay
3. The Power Of Affirmations By Louise Stapley
4. Daily Affirmations For Success & Happiness By Creed Mcgregor
5. A Year Of Positive Thinking By Cyndie Spiegel
6. Daily Rituals By Phoebe Gransworthy
7. Success Affirmations By Jack Canfield
8. The Most Powerful Book Of Affirmations Ever Written By Sheldon Ceaser
9. The Path Made Clear By Oprah Winfrey
10. The Little Book Of Affirmations By Gilly Pickup
Positive Affirmations To Be Used Daily:-
- We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all the power we need inside ourselves already — J.K.Rowling
- The secret of attraction is to love yourself – Deepak Chopra
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so – William Shakespeare
- Failure is just another way to learn how to do something right — Marian Wright Edelman
- he emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it – Nicholas Sparks
- The past does not equal the future unless you live there – Tony Robins
- Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m possible! – Audrey Hepburn
- We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us – Joseph Campbell
- Gratitude is a celebration we are all invited to – Cleo Wade
10. If you really think small, your world will be small. If you think big, your world will be big – Paulo Coelho
11. Our life is already a miracle of chance waiting for you to shape its destiny – Toni Morrison
12. I say looking on the bright side of life never killed anybody – Jenny Han
13. I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was – Mohammad Ali
14. Who you are inside is what helps you make and do everything in life – Fred Rogers
15. Everything passes if you learn to hold things lightly – Oprah Winfrey
How to use Positive Affirmations:-
1. Don’t choose too many subjects at once
2. Start your affirmations as soon as you wake up as this gives you a positive start to the day.
3. Speak the affirmations confidently.
4. Consistency is the key, repeat them daily without fail.
5. Commit yourself to do the affirmations for at least 21 days as this is the average minimum time to form a habit.
6. Also practise writing the affirmations multiple times.
7. Replace negative self-talk with positive affirmations.
8. Meditation & positive affirmations can do magic if used together.
9. Practice in the Mirror
10. Use affirmations in first person, example use I instead of you
Tools for practicing Positive Affirmations:-
Apps can used that can be downloaded from the play store to help you practice the affirmations daily to help you overcome negativity and guide you to towards the path of positivity. They are as follows:-
- Louise Hay Affirmation Meditations
- Smiling Mind
- Instar Affirmation Writer
YouTube is also a very good source; there are lot of channels that post regular videos on positive affirmations. Subscribe to these channels and make it a habit to follow them regularly so that your journey towards positive change more relaxing and worthwhile. So, sit back, relax, put on your headsets and get immersed in positivity:-
* Power of Positivity
*Positive Magazine Meditation.
*Positive Thinking Podcast.
*Positivity & Abundance.
*Powerful Positive Thinking.
*The Positive Mind.
*Caroline Adams Miller.
Stay Blessed! Stay Positive